I feel really proud of myself this week. It’s been one of those weeks where things just went right. I’m excited about pretty much everything in life right now. New friends, progress in weight loss again this week, new evening gig where I can work remotely, new boy, major progress in voice lessons and audition material, following through on my attempts at new habits, a raise at work, progress in therapy, Seahawks playing respectably, my wallet being returned to me twice in one week after I dropped it: how could I not be happy?
My cheeks hurt from smiling so much and I can’t remember the last time I felt this upbeat.
The only thing getting me a little down is anxiety over the upcoming election. I can’t imagine how awful it would be if Romney were to be elected. I’m just glad that I already have a birth control implant in my arm that no one can take away for the next three years. Granted, it wouldn’t outlast Romney’s hypothetical stay in office but there’s always Canada, right?
Honestly, I just feel like any time the Republicans want to help women out it’s in a shitty backhanded way.
Enough about politics (for the moment), I’m going crazy over it.
Back to things I’m happy about…
I’m starting to think very seriously about which pieces I’m going to audition for school with and I’m getting ridiculously excited about how much my voice has changed and grown in the past few months. You know that moment when you finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel on a long term goal? I’m there.
There’s obviously still a lot of work to be done but it’s so exciting to know that it’s not for nothing.
On the thought of goals, let’s talk weekly goals!
Last Week’s Goals
1. Walk up another hill and take walking breaks – Yes and yes. I walked a lot of hills this week and took a few walking breaks as well. It’s already getting easier to climb the monster hills here in Seattle and I’m going to pretend that I’ve noticed a perkier ass because deluding myself can sometimes be useful to make myself keep going. I’m definitely experiencing some soreness as a result of all the walking but it still feels really good. Plus, it gets me out of my building at work.
2. Continue elimination diet – I really wanted coffee this week a few times and I resorted to trying soymilk in it once and coconut milk in it another time. I don’t tend to feel good about soy products and would prefer to just not have coffee at all but the cup of coffee was still really satisfying so I don’t feel that bad. Besides that, I’ve been a champ at this goal… even if I am more or less dying for a piece of cheese.
3. Clean up a bit – I fully cleaned my kitchen this week and started to take stab at all the laundry laying around my apartment. I’m happy with the success so far. Oh, I also found an egg I had lost while cooking a week or two ago. It had rolled under my couch. I’m SO glad I found it before it broke or something like that.
4. Do the solo dance party – I kind of did half of one. I had one scheduled but just didn’t have the energy to follow through completely. I’m dealing with some inflammation caused by my birth control implant and it just didn’t feel very good to move in that way.
This Week’s Goals
1. Find more excuses to walk while you still can – Oh, hello impending Seattle winter rain that never ends. Yeah, I’ve got to get all the walking in I can while the sky is still clear because I’m not going to be terribly motivated to do so once the rain comes with its mightily wet force. So, this includes the whole hill and breaks thing along with taking any other excuse that comes my way. Like, I can walk home from my mom’s place tonight after dinner. I’m a good little daughter who comes over to eat and so sports betting with my stepdad. I used to do the two mile walk all the time so as long as I head over there in good shoes, it’s totally doable.
2. Keep on keeping on with dairy free – It’s pretty hard, I’m not even going to lie. This week, though, I’m going to try to eliminate as many of the allowances as I can and try to go as food pure as possible. It’s been at least a few days since I’ve had a diet coke, so that’s good.
3. More Cleaning – The kitchen is done but there’s definitely still more work to do. Little bits at a time…
4. Get some breathing room – Obviously from the first paragraph, I’m a little busy right now. I need to make sure that I have some breathing room so that I don’t get completely overwhelmed. On Tuesday I had to say no to seeing the new boy because I just knew that I’d be wearing myself too thin if I didn’t just go home and spend some time in the quiet. It was so hard to do but it was the right choice. My wellbeing comes before my libido.
I can’t believe I just said that. It’s almost like I’m becoming a responsible adult.
So, there we have it. What are your goals for the week?