This week was a little bit less of the glowingly perfect week I had last week. It certainly wasn’t a bad week but I don’t have that a-happy-dance-is-really-necessary-right-now feeling that I had last week. I think that it mostly has to do with the fact that I haven’t gotten quite enough sleep and I’m really sore from of all the walking I’ve been doing.
Lots of hills were involved.
Some of the soreness can also be attributed to tug of war. I spent about a half hour engaged in tug of war with the dog of my new gentleman friend (a.k.a Boy with Dog). This dog is seriously the best tug of war dog I’ve ever dealt with. I thrashed him back and forth and he held on. Bravo dog. I still won.
I woke up yesterday with a sore back and arms. Stupidly, it took me a while to figure out why I was so sore. I think that the lugging 60lbs of dog around for a half hour probably had a lot to do with it.
That’s one way to gain some muscle, right?
This week I had a few things that were a little higher in sugar than most of what I’ve been consuming but it was only a few things and I didn’t get totally off track. Part of me feels disappointed that I only lost a half a pound, but in reality, it’s not healthy to keep losing 3-4 pounds every week. I just wanted to see one more big loss before I ban the scale for a month.
Tomorrow morning I’ll be weighing myself, taking my measurements, and then putting away my scale until my next monthly measurements. Why? As I discussed in this post, I’m trying to stop my cycle of obsession, freak out, regain, etc. with that under 220lbs mark. I’m hoping that by depriving myself of the feedback I use to fuel that cycle, I’ll learn to focus more on getting healthier and less on my weight as a number and that I’ll stop that cycle.
I think it’s going to be really hard to not weigh myself, I usually do on the weekends in addition to Wednesdays just to see how I’m doing but I think it will be a healthy experiment.
Anyway, let’s talk goals!
Last Week’s Goals
1. Find more excuses to walk while you still can – I’ve really upped my mileage with walking places. Even when the rain did start, I’ve still opted to walk more often than not. My shoes are soaked and my feet are cold but I still feel good about it. Now I just need to actually buy some decent shoes to get through the winter with. I either need to get my boots fixed or buy a new pair. I get a win on this goal.
2. Keep on keeping on with dairy free – I only had a dream that I was eating cheese. I didn’t actually do it. While I may have chosen a few questionable substitutes at times, I’m still achieving this goal. I had thought that this one would have gotten easier over time like cutting out sugar, wheat, and starch has been. Nope, this one is still hard. Sugar cravings subsided after two weeks but I’d still sell pieces of my soul to the devil for dairy to not have a negative impact on me and to have a latte without getting all brain-foggy.
3. More Cleaning – Fail, fail, fail, fail, fail. Not only did I not get any more cleaning done, I exploded balsamic vinegar all over my kitchen so it kind of looks like a murder scene. I’ll start scrubbing up that mess as soon as I can bring myself to do so… which will probably not be soon. Maybe I’ll just say fuck it and take on a different room this week. I do love a nice and clean bathroom.
4. Get some breathing room – Eh, not really. Last night I took some time to be alone and not do work but besides that I’ve been running pretty constantly. Last night was a good start but I’m still feeling pretty worn out. I had some things I wanted to do tonight but I really need to use this evening to get caught up with other things and rest a bit. I can feel some congestion starting and I don’t want to get fully sick, especially with Halloween so close.
This Week’s Goals
1. Cut down on fillers – I’ve mentioned over the last few weeks that I’ve been allowing myself certain things to compensate for the loss of dairy. While I haven’t violated the no wheat, starch, or flour part of the whole thing, I have allowed some sugar and I have allowed a lot of sugar substitutes. I learned something very quickly, Splenda makes me sick. I’ve been drinking tea with some Splenda in it and I keep noticing that I quickly get nauseous and a headache from it. Aspartame doesn’t even affect me that strongly. Is anyone else affected like that from using Splenda? This week I want to try to avoid these fillers as much as I can while still maintaining the elimination of everything else.
2. Drink more water – I’ve been less vigilant about how much water I’m drinking and I think it might be contributing to the cramps I’ve been getting in my leg at night. In general, though, I just haven’t been drinking enough.
3. Schedule things and stick with it – With all I have going on, I need to make a schedule that I can live with so that I’m not constantly just trying to fit things in. That gets really stressful. I need to plan better so that I can rest easier without worrying when I’m going to get something done. I struggle so much with this but I really need to get it together and just do it. I’m going to have to learn to plan ahead.
4. Keep moving – The walking is going well and I want to continue to increase how much I’m walking. It would also be good to start some other exercises as well but I haven’t really decided which direction I want to go in and I don’t want to try too much at once. That’s how I get discouraged. I’m going to try to start working things in and getting back into a real routine throughout November. Then, I’ll be in a routine for the holidays instead of promising to start a routine after the holidays. Maybe I’ll get a step ahead.
Well, that’s all for this week’s goals. What are your goals for the week?