I didn’t go home this weekend and therefore stood up my scale for our weekly date. I’m sure that Frank will forgive me for the slight. It wasn’t personal; I just had too busy of a weekend in Seattle to make the trip out to Issaquah. See, this is why I’m moving into downtown. Sleeping on my mom’s couch bed is not the most comfortable or restful thing ever. It does come with the perk, though, of waking up to eggs and bacon.
I mean, who doesn’t love free food?
Though between all of us there it sounded like a symphony of coughs, sneezes, nose-blowing, and various other mucus induced noises. It would be funny if it weren’t for the fact that I was a major contributor to the coughing section.
I’m in this middle ground of “I’m not sick but I’m not well,” (Please tell me that you just got Flagpole Sitta stuck in your head.) and it’s making me lazy. I’m not sick enough to actually justify the fact that I just want to lay around in the evenings but I’m not well enough to muster up the energy to do anything else. I think I took three naps this weekend.
I could use another one today.
Despite my wellness purgatory, I still had a lovely weekend. I’m finding that my courage is returning and that’s a really good feeling. My anxiety is starting to feel a little bit more like a memory again, as well. There seems to be a distinct possibility that I am getting my shit together again.
With that sentiment, I’m starting to get tired of my lack of progress lately in weight loss. There’s something wonderfully addictive about seeing your body constantly changing and I miss that. There’s also something wonderfully addictive about others noticing that change. Yes, I’m admitting it.
So, on to goals!
Last Week’s Goals
1. Try the core fusion DVDs I purchased – Nope. Didn’t happen. I did get some exercise but not from these.
2. Lay off the processed stuff – Unless you’re counting that bit of ice cream I couldn’t tear myself away from, I did pretty wonderfully with this one. I also cut down on the amount of sugar I was consuming because of it.
3. Go buy some goggles – I totally forgot about this one.
4. Be mindful of monthly goals – I printed them out so that I could remember what I was supposed to be doing and while that’s helped me with some of them, it’s not going to be a 100% month.
This Week’s Goals
1. Eat green every day – It doesn’t have to be a specific vegetable but I’m going to try to eat at least one serving of cruciferous vegetables every day this week.
2. No more soda unless there’s alcohol involved – Bad health blogger, right? Shouldn’t I be talking about choosing healthier options for drinking and whatnot? Maybe, but I think that a little rum and coke is worth losing weight a little more slowly as long as “little” is the key. This might actually bring me dangerously close to practicing moderation.
3. Get some sleep – Yes, getting out and socializing has been one of my goals but getting enough sleep is also incredibly important.
4. Exercise – I suppose the fact that my lungs are still raspy makes for a good excuse but once they’re clear I need to get back in gear.
But would I enjoy reading so much if you didn't have goals like #2? Please, be a bad health blogger! hope you feel better!