Okay, if you’ve been reading for a while, you know that I care but I kind of don’t. Overall I care about my progress but I really wasn’t “in it” this week. Honestly, I think that’s a healthy attitude. I may not be at my goal weight or even close to it but I don’t think it’s a bad thing that I haven’t made much progress over the last 12 weeks.
It’s been a really hard run and it’s good to know that I can basically maintain and that despite my stressful circumstances still feel happy with my food and drink options. The rest of life is a little less desirable right now but there’s only three weeks left. I’ve been struggling just to make it through the week without going completely insane. I tipped that scale this week.
I couldn’t quite pin point what was making me so tired and aggravated. It’s not like I’m getting that much less sleep than normal and I’m certainly not getting less sleep than I used to during productions and periods of gallivanting with friends. The big difference is that I don’t have the emotional detox time or the mental space to process anything outside of work one, work two, blog, or weight loss.
I want to be clear, I am not complaining about blogging or weight loss. This does not feel like either an obligation or a burden. I love it and I love my readers. Getting to know some of you has been totally awesome and this is probably what has kept me a little saner through this whole thing.
That being said, I spent this weekend mostly unplugged and away from all things work and weight loss. That means that there may or may not have been rum, dancing, driving around with my top down in the middle of the night (car top… not topless), late night shopping, Despicable Me, pizza, an ICEE, frozen yogurt, another piece of pizza, Irish cream (why do I like that stuff so much???), and sleeping until 2:30pm. I cannot confirm or deny any of these.
It took me a while to decide that I did, in fact, want to do goals this week. I wasn’t sure if I should just give myself a break from pressure for the next few weeks or if I wanted to keep truckin. The latter won. I realize that whether or not it’s for the sake of weight loss, healthy habits are always good. If I let those go I’ll feel worse and I’ll never get through July. So, goals it is!
Goals for this Week:
1. No Diet Coke – If I want a pick me up I need to choose something else.
2. Two workouts – At the gym or not, I don’t care.
3. More raw vegetables – I’ve been eating a lot of cooked vegetables but not so much with the raw. I think it’s time to reinstate the Perfect Salad (apparently when I wrote that post I didn’t understand the concept of a paragraph… I went back and added some spaces)
4. Relaxation Exercises – These have always been really effective for me. I did it last night before going to sleep and I think I slept better than I have in a month. I didn’t even get to finish because I fell asleep.
5. Tune out – Odd as it sounds to make this a goal, I need to give my brain a break throughout the day.
You can now see my updated measurements chart. It’s the end of Week 24 and so next week I’ll be starting a new and hopefully much more impressive chart.
What are your goals for the week?