I’d like to say that it’s been a really hard few weeks and plead my case for why I’ve been so off but really, there is none. Motivation has been hard, everything else has been easy. I’ve got nothing.
Interestingly, I’ve felt much busier now that I’m not working than I ever did when I was employed. I’m trying to get a lot done that isn’t work related and so I’ve been out and about a good deal. It’s been nice.
On the other hand, the lack of schedule has made it really hard to be consistent with eating enough and posting. I’m much more concerned with the former.
After thinking a lot about the whole situation, I decided that I was going to try a different approach to the problem. I might be teetering dangerously close to Intuitive Eating but I’ve tried other approaches. I’m going to let myself eat when I’m hungry and not eat when I’m not. Even if that means I only eat a little for one day I think that my body will eventually correct itself. It has in the past.
I’m going in this direction for now because my focus on trying to get myself to eat has made me really anxious about the whole situation. As I’ve said before, though, if I’m anxious I just can’t eat so it creates that very un-awesome spiral.
I’m approaching it cautiously. I’m certainly not going to let myself not eat for a day or anything like that. It’s all trial and error right now. I’ll give it a week, though, and see if this method is effective.
In other news, I just listened to Feel Good Inc and now feel a burning desire to go run. It’s almost strange how music can do that to me.
Oh, let’s talk goals!
Last Week’s Goals
1. Go to sleep by 2am: I think I did this once. The rest of the week was a pretty major fail.
2. Exercise Monday and Thursday: I did work out on Monday but I did not on Thursday. I mean, I kind of made up for it with lots of dirty cardio fun on Friday and Saturday night but I don’t know that it really counts… even if my entire body is sore and I forgot I had muscles in certain places. Whatever, it’s still calories burned.
3. Track what I eat: Fail! I did it for one day but then didn’t even post after that. The one day that I did post was definitely the most I ate all week.
This Week’s Goals
1. Be up at 10am every day: So, I fail at the whole bedtime thing so I’ll switch it up to setting the time I have to wake up instead.
2. Exercise two days this week: Real exercise, my two favorite activities do not count.
3. Get enough water: Last week I tried pretty hard with this one but I still need to keep this a priority.